How to reduce the risk of dry eyes ? Eye health problems that many people overlook. Is a problem of ” dry eyes ” caused by behavior in using eyesight Including getting older What are the symptoms. And how to prevent dry eyes
the risk of dry eyes factors
- Age 65 years and over
- Female gender (more prone to dry eyes than males)
- Spend long periods of time looking at digital devices such as computers, mobile phones, tablets, or reading. There is less blinking of the eyes.
- Wear contact lenses regularly And / or wearing ufabet contact lenses for a long time in a day
- Side effects from underlying disease And oral medications to treat underlying conditions such as self- allergy , depression , diabetes, or high blood pressure with diuretics
Dry eye syndrome
- Stinging, discomfort in the eyes
- Feeling like a foreign body is in the eye
- Tired eyes, feeling like closing their eyes
- Blurred vision, decreased ability to see
How to prevent dry eye syndrome
- Avoid using the digital equipment for a long time.
- If you need to use digital equipment for a long time. Take a break every 20 minutes, such as closing your eyes or looking away at a distant object 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid hitting the eyes or being exposed to strong winds. Continuously, such as lying on the fan or the air in the eyes.
- Avoid traveling or in extremely dry places for long periods of time. Or with high air pollution
- Avoid unnecessary medication.
- Blink more often Blink regularly
- Do not wear contact lenses for more than 8 hours a day.
- Drink enough clean water 6-8 glasses a day.
- Get enough sleep